August 13 – 17
August 20 – 24
This Daycamp is specifically designed for students entering Grades 6, 7, or 8 Early Immersion/Late Immersion or Post Intensive French in September 2012. Students will continue to practice, and enhance their learning of a second language throughout the various daily activities to prepare them for their transition to Middle School in the Fall. This Daycamp is open to students who are currently enrolled in Early Immersion, enrolling in Late Immersion in Grade 6 or enrolling in Post Intensive French in Grade 6. This is a bilingual program supervised by French Immersion Teachers.
*** Please note that all of the weekly activities are curriculum oriented that will prepare the students for many of the activities they will be completing during their years at Middle School . ***
Weekly Activities Include:
- Language circle where new vocabulary will be introduced for a 30 minute period. This learning is then reinforced throughout the day.
- Guided Reading, Shared Reading and Independent Reading using both informative and narrative texts.
- Guided Writing, Shared Writing and Independent Writing of different genres.
- Exciting and Hands – On Science Experiments
- Arts and Crafts related to the weekly activities
- Organized sports (with a focus on Math)
- Cultural Activities (Social Studies)
- Library Hour
- French Sing Along
- Show and Tell
- Cooperation Games
Camp Workbook – The workbook will include French activities, the words to the songs that they will learn and will be sent home with the campers at the end of the French camp. They will be able to continue “working” in their workbook for the rest of the summer to reinforce their learning.