July 16 – 20
July 30 – August 3
August 20 – 24
This Daycamp is specifically designed for students entering Grades 3, 4, or 5 French Immersion/Intensive French in September 2012. Students will learn conversational French that will be enhanced while incorporated in the daily activities. This is a bilingual program supervised by French Immersion Teachers.
*** Please note that the weekly activities include the same categories as “Les Débutants” however, the activities in “Les Curieux” will be much more advanced and geared towards the student’s age. ***
Weekly Activities Include:
- Language circle where new vocabulary will be introduced for a 30 minute period. This learning is then reinforced throughout the day.
- Guided Reading, Shared Reading and Independent Reading
- Guided Writing, Shared Writing and Independent Writing
- Exciting and Hands – On Science Experiments
- Arts and Crafts related to the weekly activities
- Organized sports (with a focus on Math)
- Cultural Activities
- Library Hour
- French Sing Along
- Show and Tell
- Cooperation Games
Camp Workbook – The workbook will include French activities, the words to the songs that they will learn and will be sent home with the campers at the end of the French camp. They will be able to continue “working” in their workbook for the rest of the summer to reinforce their learning.